1) Vertical Jigging Trip Recap 3/24/2012
We had a great day. No bait on board, only jigging. Highlights:
- ~25# Warsaw Grouper
- 5 gag groupers between 8-20#
- 5.5# mutton snapper
- AJs and Amberjacks were thick! We had 5 guys hook up at once and all 5 got wrecked. These were 40-60#+ class fish. landed 15-35# class jacks.
- 5 of 8 guys hooked up at same time. 7 of 8 another.
- All 6 grouper were released in good condition using the Seaqualizer. We kept one aj, one almaco, one blackfin, one mutton, and a bonito for bait, all other fish were released.
- We lost upwards of 20 fish to pop offs and wrecks. Most larger jacks we couldn’t even stop on 80lb/pe6/350gr outfits.
Check out the video here:
2) “Super Grouper” Vertical Jigging Trips – May 1st, May 5th, May 6th
Grouper season opens May 1st. We have put together Super Grouper jig trip May 1st, and opening weekend jig trips Sat/Sun May 5th & 6th. Back-to-back 10 hour jigging trips targeting grouper. $130 per angler, per day, includes tip. 6:30am – 4:30pm trip off Miami, south toward Key Largo. We will be hitting wrecks and rock piles in 150′-400’+, just jigging aboard the Reward Won. The trip is limited to 12 fisherman.
We already have reservations from experienced jig fisherman coming down from New York/New Jersey and Mass. to join us for this intense jigging experience. This is a great opportunity to learn from the best.
A deposit of $50 is required to reserve your spot(s). Please call 305-372-9470 and let them know you’d ‘like to make a reservation for the ‘super grouper weekend jig trip’. The remaining $80 is due in cash the day of the trip.
3) Jig Trip Saturday April 7th, 2012
6:30am – 1:30pm (or later depending on afternoon booking) $100 (includes tip) per angler
Trip is limited to 12 jig fisherman, so please make your reservation now to ensure a spot. The bite has really picked up and the big jacks are hungry! Like to jig? We’d love to have you! Call the office for more details.